Becoming a CatholicInformation & Inspiration
Here you will find information about RCIA (the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) — the way that the Church welcomes new members
- What is it?
- An overview of how the Catholic Church welcomes new members.
- Who is it for?
- Is this the right place for you.
- Who will be involved?
- Who you might you meet.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults is a process which is marked by a series of stages.
- Stage 1
- A time of beginnings and asking questions
- Stage 2
- A deepening understanding of what it means to be a Catholic in all aspects of life.
- Stage 3
- The time foe commitment
- Stage 4
- A chance to reflect and live a new life.
- An Analogy
- Looking at how the experience of getting married mirrors the different stages of becoming a Catholic.
In the Questions section there is a Glossary and a number of Frequently Asked Questions